C.D. Hill designed many of Dallas’ prominent buildings and residences in the early 1900’s. They include First Presbyterian Church and the old City Hall building. He was the architect for the five acre estate home on Preston Road that was inhabited for many years by Governor and Mrs. Clements. This 10,000 square foot home was recently been torn down to make room for a larger one. Fortunately, the mansions C.D. Hill designed on Swiss Avenue remain. He originally managed the Dallas office Sanguinet and Staats. He collaborated on the Adolphus and Melrose hotels and designed the Davis Building and First Presbyterian Church downtown.
CD Hill designed this home in 1909 for his family. In Munger Place, all the homes start with a Prairie-style theme and become designed or embellished in various styles including... See More on 4938 Junius Street, Dallas, Texas
4800 Preston Road was designed in 1910 and remained a landmark for 90 years. Not only was it one of the first homes built in Highland Park, but it was... See More on 4800 Preston Road, Highland Park, Texas